Your home is packed with responsibilities, some of which you don’t even think about until something goes sideways. For most plumbing and pipes, it’s an “out of sight, out of mind” conundrum, but your home might need more care in those components than you think. Pipe re-lining near Purcellville, VA, helps maintain the integrity of your plumbing pipes to prevent worse damage later on.
Here are some signs that your home’s current pipes need to be relined:
- Rust buildup inside the pipe that’s noticeable during consultation and technician inspection.
- Low water pressure that doesn’t improve after a few seconds of running water.
- Gurgling or clanking sounds when the water is turned on.
- Scum, slime, or sludge coming up from the drains in the kitchen or bathrooms.
- Blocked or clogged drains that don’t get better with drain cleaners or running hot water.
- Noticeable rust around the outside of your pipes in the basement or backyard.
Many elements could cause your pipes to need to be relined, such as cracks and breaks in the current linings. However, tree roots are the most detrimental to pipes. The roots wriggle into hairline fractures, then grow over time, causing significant damage to the lining of your pipes.
Luckily, minor to mild fractures and cracks can be fixed with relines. However, it’s important to remain aware and diligent regarding the piping within your home plumbing system. Preventative maintenance should be an annual service.
How Much Does It Cost to Get Your Pipes Relined?
There’s no linear cost to get your home’s pipes relined. One of the determining factors is the ease of access. Some pipes are easier to get to and reline than others, requiring less labor and effort. Because of this, those will cost less to reline. On average, it costs $80 to $200 per foot to reline a plumbing pipe.
Call Us for Your Heavy Repairs!
At Brick Street Services, we specialize in plumbing services, like pipe relining near Purcellville, VA. Our work reinforces the integrity of your pipelines, allowing you to enjoy the comfort and convenience of your home’s plumbing system for longer. You can call us at (301) 453-8659 to schedule an appointment for a plumbing inspection.