Keeping your AC in good repair is important if you want a nice, cool home during the hot months. However, if there are problems with your air conditioning, you want to catch them early. The sooner you deal with minor issues, the less chance of larger, more costly repairs down the road. At Brick Street Services, we provide air conditioner repair in Rosemont to take care of those problems. In addition, we want to share some signs that your AC may not be working as it should.
- Limited Air Flow – If the air coming out of the vents is almost non-existent, your AC needs help. Without proper airflow, the home cannot be cooled off properly.
- Foul Smells – Your HVAC system should help keep you cool and improve the home’s air quality. If you notice unpleasant smells coming from your AC, it requires repair. It could be mold, which can impact your family’s health.
- Blowing Warm Air – If your AC has warm air coming out of the vents, it is definitely not doing its job.
- Strange Sounds – If the outdoor unit clicks when it runs or clicks and won’t turn on, there is a problem. Gurgling sounds can mean the condensate drain has some issues. Clanging sounds can mean the fan is hitting something.
- Strange Noises Inside – The unit should not squeal. If it does, it may be the fan belt. Metal screeching can be fan motor bearings going. High-pitched hissing can be a compressor problem.
Other signs that you have a problem are humidity in the house, moisture leaks, and increased utility bills.